As part of the company programme, we organise a number of local events and activities for the companies to participate in. If you are on one of the teams or a link teacher, business advisor or similar, these are the important dates for your diary during the year:
- Local Launch : A semi-social event, often with a bit of a challenge included, where all the team / company members get together to learn more information about the programme for the year. An interactive element means everybody has good fun and also shares in some refreshments.
- Master Classes (30th October 2018) : We run a number of workshops that help those in companies with particular responsibilities, for example, managing directors, finance, marketing, website development etc to understand their role and the different aspects of that discipline. Those undertaking these functions should attend and will learn a great deal of useful information.
- Trade Fair (9th February 2019): Our main trade fair is run in the Arndale Centre with the kind support of the centre management. There is also the opportunity to show and sell products at other trade fairs around East Sussex and Brighton to further boost turnover and income.
- Presentation Training & Practice (6th March 2019): As the presentation at the finals is such an important part of the awards, each company is given the opportunity to have presentation training and also a practice prior to the finals event.
- Young Achiever of the Year (6th March 2019). Interviews take place to determine the young person who has shown the greatest progress in achievement across the year.
- Eastbourne & Wealden Area Final (21st March 2019): The highlight of the local year when all of the local companies present their results, achievements and experiences to compete for a wide range of different awards (consider including list with details).
- Sussex County Finals (1st May 2019) Plus Regional / National / International Finals: The winners of the overall Company of the Year award in the Eastbourne & Wealden area then progress through to the county final and, if successful there, can go on to the regional, national and even international awards.
- South East Regional Finals (June 2019 tbc): Winners of County finals battle it out to see who will be crowned South East Company of the Year.
- Thank You Event (June 2019 tbc): At the end of the Young Enterprise company year, we like to thank all those involved in the Eastbourne & Wealden area by organising a thank you event where we issue some well-deserved certificates and share in pleasant conversation and refreshments.
For further details of any of the events please do not hesitate to contact us. Link teachers can download the relevant forms etc by clicking here.